Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The how in the hell did I ever get here story




I've known one of these guys since I was seven years old - he went to one of the best universities in the world -- we grew up together - he then went to a rather elite college and in between college and graduate school -- he get's an agent for the summer - to see what might happen - he's in L.A. for the summer - so he figures - what the hell?...

He ends up getting 3 national commercials in less than 5 weeks and ends up in "Saving Private Ryan" - Talk about - Right place - Right time. He's the nicest guy in the world. Meaning, I’m not talking about some fucking asshole dick bag who came to L.A. and got this amazing streak of good luck.

I call him and say, “I’m moving to L.A. and I need a place to stay until I get situated. He's like, come on out - I’m living in the Hollywood Hill’s with 3 model’s, I'm renting the guest house, it's small but what’s mine is yours - I still feel like I owe this friend of mine and I will owe him forever, he’s just one of those people who gets it, who got it - he did then - and he does now - and the proof is in the pudding - He ended up never working another job besides acting work from the time he got those commercials until present day - He’s been in his fare share of movies and I hear his voice all the time - and he’s still just a great guy. He has 2 children now and he's an amazing father - Maybe if I looked like a Ralph Lauren model - I would have had the same luck as him but you know what, I doubt it...

What happened to him doesn’t happen, it’s like winning the lottery or getting struck by lightening a few times in succession. It just doesn’t happen!

But it did for him and I can honestly say that I have nothing but complete happiness for him with regard to his success and I always will. Like I said, he’s just one of those people who deserved it and does deserve everything that’s come his way.

Living with him led to some crazy times in Hollywood for he and I both.


TO BE CONTINUED:

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this electronic blog and any attachments to this blog may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for writing this blog, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Any and all information written in this blog is owned by the author of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment