Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Dennis Hopper picture money meeting I set up


In the days that followed, the guy from Boston kept calling me; saying he had people who wanted to invest in the Dennis Hopper film. I set up a meeting between the Executive producer, myself and Mr. Boston.

CUT TO:

THE MEETING - NIGHT

The main producer brings the Director of Photography which made absolutely NO sense to me. We’re all sitting on a veranda, drinking, smoking and talking about the investment potential of this Dennis Hopper film. When the weirdest thing happened -- Mr. Boston gives his money pitch and for the first time in a very long time -- I get this sort of strange tunnel vision effect -- And it hits me -- If Mr. Boston is legit and he can bring some real money into the mix then why the fuck am I gonna utilize him for this crappy little Dennis Hopper film that‘s gonna tank -- when I can potentially use him for my XXX company idea. The guys who were pitching the Dennis Hopper film were wonderfully unimpressive and easily forgotten and this made me very happy -- because I was going to steer this Mr. Boston guy directly into the seedy and tumultuous world of XXX movie making.

FADE OUT:

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
The information contained in this electronic blog and any attachments to this blog may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for writing this blog, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Any and all information written in this blog is owned by the author of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment