Sunday, September 18, 2011

The "guy" who became my Partner in XXX


It was 2006 and I was a convention in downtown Los Angeles. I was on the deck outside smoking with a girl very pretty young girl / woman named Jaime. I’ve always had an affinity for younger women and she was 19 or maybe 20... Anyway - we’re smoking and we bump into this guy who looked and seemed VERY young. Way too young to invest in a film and way too young to be any sort of businessman. Anyway, I start talking to this young guy about Hollywood, Los Angeles - YADA - YADA -- and the guy would not stop eyeing the 19 year old chick I was with... At the time I was about to produce a very small independent feature film & we had Dennis Hopper attached in a pay or play contract. Now the way it works in "Hollywood" -- the land of lollipops and rainbows - is if I could bring other MONEY into the mix then my producer percentage $ on the front end and on then back end would become that much MORE... So, I’m talking to this guy who has a very thick Boston accent - that "Good Will Hunting" type of Boston accent & he’s dressed like a wanna-be surfer from Boston and I start telling him about the Dennis Hopper film - because I know I’ll never see this dude again…We exchange cell numbers - And this is the guy WHO would become my 50/50 partner in the XXX film industry.

FADE OUT:

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
The information contained in this electronic blog and any attachments to this blog may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for writing this blog, any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Any and all information written in this blog is owned by the author of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment